list etiquitte

Author: Mike Starke
Subject: list etiquitte
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:03:13AM -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:
/_
/_There are some things that are practical and affect everyone that we
/_should be fairly vigilant about trying to get people to comply with...
/_Then there are things that make practical inconviences for some, which
/_we should list as "etiquette", but not flame people if they violate.
/_

I agree. But sometimes some folks just need to be made aware of some things
like top posting, hi-jaking threads, etc. Heck, some folks still have no
clue about html.

I think some things like editing a message and trying not to top post
require some effort. It is more work. If I have to be slapped a couple times
to be reminded about top posting, then so be it. In the end, my skills improved.
I do not believe in public flaming, but I will not hesitate after weeks on end
of hijaking to send that person a direct message and ask "what's up?". I would
want someone to tell me. It's kind of like having your wife go tell you to
brush your teeth. Not in front of everyone, but a whisper in someone's ear
sometime saves some embarrassment.

-mike