dual boot @installfest?

Author: der.hans
Subject: dual boot @installfest?
Am 25. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte George Gambill so:

> Would this (Dual Boot) be a good line item on the "Menu"?

Yes. We could even dual-boot by installing multiple GNU/Linux distros if we
have time and volunteers for the secondary and tertiery installs.

> Would we need the ability to re-partition the disk?

We need to be able to do that, but it's something they should do before
showing up. I would say we need to require installees have 2 GB available
for installing GNU/Linux.

> Is this a build in feature of Linux?

We have parted available. There are problems with NTFS.

> Would the Win box need to have been defragged first (before InstallFest)?

They should do that if they're bringing in a dual-boot box. If they already
have the disk space available for us it really doesn't matter, though. We
should point out to people that there is no such thing as disk defragging i=
GNU/Linux. I don't think there ever has been for *NIX.

> So many questions, so little time

But you're thinking and you're helping us improve the InstallFest, which is
outstanding.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans