Why not LIndows?

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Why not LIndows?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=608176

| (a diskless workstation for $169 which appears to have a kde desktop)
| http://www.sub300.com/port.htm
| (a 2.9 lb notebook that comes with a linux variant for under $800)

I had a very long and nice point by point explanation with links to
supporting documents prepared and right before I was ready to press send
my 2 year old smacked the proper key combo to restart X... Ah the joys
of the toddler and an unattended laptop.

So I will sum it up much quicker this time. Lindows is a company that
does not share the same ethics as most of the rest of the Free
Software/Open Source community. I agree this does not warrant
hostility. What SCO is doing, does. However, I would not expect people
to be warm and fuzzy to them either.

I think the cold shoulder extended to them at this point is deserved.
It might sometimes show as being over calous or cold, but when you chose
to not play by the rules the game makers have set, you have to be
willing to endure the penalties.

- -Derek