Why not LIndows?

Author: Lee Einer
Subject: Why not LIndows?
Rob, while I agree with much of what you say, I have to say that being a
newbie and not understanding the fundamentals is probably the best
reason to /not/ run as root.

I started out with Corel Linux, which was also based on Debian and also
reported to be a newbie-friendly distro, and I liked it. But it did not
always run as root- I had to deliberately switch to root in order to do
myself major harm (and I did, on a few occasions.) If I had always been
running as root, I would have hosed myself early and often, and this
would not encourage me to proceed with Linux.

Lee Einer