Video driver

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: Video driver
I downloaded the nVidia drivers for my GeForce 256 driver (well I am doing it
currently). The synaptic program listing lists out (and is allowing me to
download) nvidia-glx-dev, nvidia-kernel-common, and nvidia-kernel-source. It
does not allow me to download nvidia-kernel-src, nvidia-glx-dev, and
nvidia-glx-src. I downloaded what it allowed me to (that wasn't development
or source <I don't think I need this>) and when I select nvidia-glx-src it
removes nvidia-glx nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-source and installs
nvidia-kernel-src. Does this matter?

I restarted my system and have now found that my graphics intensive programs
(that need this driver) now do not load. What am I doing wrong?
--