Video driver

Author: Bryce C
Subject: Video driver
--=-2fU8xCxWM8/KhFnBzfjk

Sounds like it _might_ be that you're not using nvidia's opengl. I don't
know what it is on Debian but we in Gentoo-land enjoy a program called
opengl-update. "opengl-update nvidia" would do the trick on a Gentoo
box. See if you can't grab the source for that and modify the paths
appropriately for Debian. If I recall correctly, it's just a shell
script so it should be easy.

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 13:51, Michael Havens wrote:
> I downloaded the nVidia drivers for my GeForce 256 driver (well I am doin=

g it=20
> currently). The synaptic program listing lists out (and is allowing me to=

=20
> download) nvidia-glx-dev, nvidia-kernel-common, and nvidia-kernel-source.=

It=20
> does not allow me to download nvidia-kernel-src, nvidia-glx-dev, and=20
> nvidia-glx-src. I downloaded what it allowed me to (that wasn't developme=

nt=20
> or source <I don't think I need this>) and when I select nvidia-glx-src i=

t=20
> removes nvidia-glx nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-source and installs=20
> nvidia-kernel-src. Does this matter?=20
>=20
> I restarted my system and have now found that my graphics intensive progr=

ams=20
> (that need this driver) now do not load. What am I doing wrong?

--=20
Bryce C <>
CoBryce Communications

--=-2fU8xCxWM8/KhFnBzfjk