InstallFest decisions

Author: Rob Wultsch
Subject: InstallFest decisions
der.hans wrote:

> I think testing and unstable are inappropriate for an InstallFest ( there
> will be some exceptions as we get people who are computer literate, but just
> have problems getting GNU/Linux up and running ).

Exception IMHO should be made for everyone for office applications, I
think that those in stable are rather long in the tooth.

From what I have read about Gnome 2.4 on slashdot it sounds buggy at
this point.

IMHO unstable is far more stable and bug free than any Windows
enviroment, though there are a very fews issues. For servers itwould
also have security issues that computers maintainer would have to deal
with. But for desktops I think that stable is inappropriate as most of
the software is rather dated.

Unstable is lets face it about the same as the current versions of most
other distros. The unstable version of the desktops show amazing
progress, and I think it would puta bad face on linuxshowing off the
rather old software.

I agree that testing is inappropriate in all respects for an Install-Fest.
(everything of course IMHO)
--
                                   .-.
Robert Wultsch                   // \\