official up-to-date linux kernel hardware compatibility data…

Author: der.hans
Subject: official up-to-date linux kernel hardware compatibility database?
Am 11. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Jeremy C. Reed so:

> Does anyone know of a webpage that has an up-to-date linux kernel hardwar=

> compatibility database?
>
> (Redh Hat's is probably not up-to-date enough. In particular, I wonder if
> Promise TX2 code is now in in real linux kernel source tree.)
>
> Instead of getting latest source, it would be nice to quickly see if
> latest kernel (or development versions) have certain support.

kernel-doc-2.4.21 - Linux kernel specific documentation for version 2.4.21

Don't know if other distros provide the kernel docs as a standalone package=
=2E

I doubt it's in the *BSD ports tree ;-).

I thought kernel.org had the docs tree unpacked somewhere. Maybe they only
have the changelogs up.

SuSE used to do a pretty good job of covering that. Remember that none of
the distros serve up the vanilla kernel releases in their binary kernel
packages.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Wer bereit ist, grundlegende Freiheiten aufzugeben, um sich
#  kurzfristige Sicherheit zu verschaffen, der hat weder Freiheit
#  noch Sicherheit verdient.  --  Benjamin Franklin  (1706 - 1790)