apt-get upgrade

Author: der.hans
Subject: apt-get upgrade
Am 09. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Rob Wultsch so:

> It will not upgrade the kernel. You need to apt-get install one, or
> much preferably, compiling your own. For that you should go to the
> debian install guide.

Actually, I think it's preferable for people to use the packaged kernels.
It's much easier and no need to cause people extra work or extra issues.

Some people will need to compile their own, but I'd say that even for debia=
90% of the people should be using debian's kernel packages. I say 'even for
debian' not because there are problems with the kernel packages ( they work
really well ), rather because debian has a very large geek/non-geek user
base and geeks are more likely to be needing/wanting to do weird stuff with
their boxen :).

There's even a memtest86 kernel packaged if you need that :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  C'est la Net - der.hans