apt-get upgrade

Author: Rob Wultsch
Subject: apt-get upgrade
Michael Havens wrote:
> I was wondering if that command will also upgrade the kernel.

apt-get install -t unstable packagename

It will not upgrade the kernel. You need to apt-get install one, or
much preferably, compiling your own. For that you should go to the
debian install guide.

Also in the future you should read the man and info pages about a
command before asking others.

man apt-get
info apt-get
would get you the info you need. I know this because I found this
command by using the man page.

Also knoppix has a forum found in www.knoppix.net

Cool?
--