OT: Win NT Password Cracking Program

Author: Nathan England
Subject: OT: Win NT Password Cracking Program

Am Freitag 29 August 2003 02:28 nachmittags/abends schrieb George Gambill:

Boot it up with Knoppix. Mount the NTFS drive, copy all the data you need=20
across the network to another machine, and start over.

Do you need to use the application as it sits on the machine, or just get t=
he=20
data (salvage) so you can use it else where?

Or format the linux partition to plain fat, then copy the ntfs data to that=
=20
plain fat drive, then you can do what you want with it, if the machine=20
doesn't have network access.

nathan

> I have access to an NT (4.0 I think) with a program we would like to
> salvage. Due to company changes, personnel changes an it's having been in
> moth balls, no one remembers the (administrative) password. This computer
> used to have a single SCSI drive with two partitions. The SCSI is now a
> slave drive waiting for me to figure out how to retrieve the password. T=

he
> master drive is a 2 partition IDE with dual boot Linux and Win 2000. At
> least the Linux partition moves the project into the gray area for this
> list.
>
> Google came up with something called "LOphtCrack 4.0". Too expensive for
> this project. I am hoping someone on the list knows of better way.
>
> Thanks

=2D --=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
=2D --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Spam related material will be forwarded to: