Processor Speed

Author: Craig Brooksby
Subject: Processor Speed
> This is the difference between running at an FSB of 100MHz and an FSB of=20
> 133MHz. Boost your FSB either in your BIOS or on your motherboard itself.
> Zack Gilburd

> This is an extremely common problem and is
> easily fixed. Go into your bios and set the FSB to 133Mhz and upo
> reboot, the processor will be identified as AMD Athlon 2200XP+.
> Bryce C <>

Thanks Zack, Bryce, everyone else. My BIOS showed "CPU Speed" set at
"100/100 MHz". Couldn't find "FSB" or similar so I figured this must
be it. I found I could select either "100/133 MHz" or "133/133 Mhz" so
I chose the latter (blindly). As predicted, my system now proclaims
"AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+".

I hope this helped someone else too. Again, thanks!