Processor Speed

Author: devin rankin
Subject: Processor Speed
Several people have already pointed you to the Bios and the front side
bus as your problem. If this was one of the advertised Fry's specials,
there may be one other issue. Fry's likes to pair an older motherboard
with a newer processor to clear out the old stock. In some cases, the
motherboard will not run the processor at full speed because nothing as
fast as that processor was out there when the motherboard was made.
This can often be fixed by downloading the latest Bios and re-flashing
the Bios on the motherboard.

Good Luck.

Devin