RCS mini-guide

Author: der.hans
Subject: RCS mini-guide
Am 24. Aug, 2003 schw=E4tzte Austin Godber so:

> This does bring up the question, Hans why do you only do SSL (actually wh=

y not
> just do ssl, it doesn't cost anything)? And, Hans, you wanna share the
> fingerprint for your CERT out of band so that we can just accept your cer=

t and
> thus be "safe".

I do SSL because I don't like *everyone* being able to eavesdrop. This way
only the 'man in the middle' can eavesdrop :).

It goes along the lines of 'kill telnet. long live ssh.'. No need to use
unencrypted commo, so don't.

What we need is a personal site certificate authority. It's task
four-hundred and something for me, so if someone else wants to make it
happen that'd be good :).

> * In mozilla goto Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Certificat=

es and
> click on the "Manage Certificates" button then the Authorities tab to see=

what
> Certificate Authorities Root Certificates you have ... and if you visit a
> website with a proper certificate you will see a little locked lock in on=

> corner of your browser .. you can typically click on this and view which =

of
> those CAs has issued the certificate for this site.

I beg to differ with the word 'proper' in this connotation. My certificate
is just as 'proper' as the others.

s/proper certificate/certificate signed by a recognized certificate authori=
ty/

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose (tie) away. - der.hans