Need help! Calling all Linux experts here.

Author: Bill Jonas
Subject: Need help! Calling all Linux experts here.
--CGDBiGfvSTbxKZlW

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:30:26PM -0700, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> Wouldn't you have to wont the fs in order to dd it? And if mounting the=

=20
> fs is the issue I fail to see how this suggestion helps.

No need to mount anything to use dd. At its most basic usage, it's
simply complicated cat or 'cp -b'. (But I'm not claiming that it
doesn't do much more, of course.)

--=20
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--CGDBiGfvSTbxKZlW

--CGDBiGfvSTbxKZlW--