Need help! Calling all Linux experts here.

Author: Rob Wultsch
Subject: Need help! Calling all Linux experts here.
Wouldn't you have to wont the fs in order to dd it? And if mounting the
fs is the issue I fail to see how this suggestion helps.

Or I could be talking out of my a??.

David Mandala wrote:
> I wonder why you don't simply use dd to dd the image of the drive to an
> image file and then work from the image? Then you will never change the
> master drive? That will get even the erased space not just the active
> file area and allow you to work with it with no possibility of changing
> the original.
>
> Davidm

                                   .-.
Robert Wultsch                   // \\
Linux User                      /(   )\              AIM:sheepsleep7
Don't fear the penguins          ^^-^^                  (602)6927564