switching to a remote X console

Author: Bill Jonas
Subject: switching to a remote X console
--5tINJiUS2/Dn5Rhr

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:48:44PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> He's quite happy with it, but I still have to figure out how to snarf in =

msn
> email long enough to get everyone to start using an ISP independent domain
> for him.

That's a no-go. You can only use Outlook or OE with MSN's POP servers.
There's a checkbox in the account/server configuration screen for using
"Secure Password Authentication". I'll give you three guesses as to
what's a several-year-old proprietary protocol you've probably never
heard of before, and the first two don't count.

On the other hand, their outgoing servers do speak proper SMTP.

Bear in mind that this knowledge is about four years old as of this
fall, so things might have changed, although the briefest of Google
searches ('msn spa') doesn't indicate that much has changed.

--=20
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--5tINJiUS2/Dn5Rhr

--5tINJiUS2/Dn5Rhr--