Cable modem

Author: Bill Jonas
Subject: Cable modem
--p8mP+8RrBGerSNjm

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 11:11:41AM -0700, Don Calfa wrote:
> A) Will any old cable modem from Fry's work with Cox's internet service

Most likely. Cox will also most likely refuse to help you if you don't
use one of their approved modems:
http://support.cox.net/custsup/help/MS_hardware_supported_modems.shtml

Personally, I'd stay away from RCA. Before I moved here, I rented one
from Comcast. They'd do all right, then start to get flaky. The power
connection would get a little loose, such that when you moved the modem,
or touched it, or looked at it funny, it would reset. I currently use
the Linksys BEFCMU10 v2 and have had zero problems with it. It's been
running continuously for about six months now.

--=20
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins

--p8mP+8RrBGerSNjm

--p8mP+8RrBGerSNjm--