Advice

Author: Austin Godber
Subject: Advice
Knoppix User wrote:
> I was given advice that because knoppix is so stripped down it isn't really
> that good of a distro to be operating as your primary unit. What do you all
> think? should I just get Debian or something else or fight with knoppix some
> more?

It isn't terribly stripped down, its got several window managers, a development
environment, two office suites ... . It doesn't matter anyway since you can
just apt-get whatever you want once you have done an HD install. Actually the
only thing I noticed it missing that I thought it should have was perl-doc ...
which was easily resolved.

I wouldn't sweat it. It just ends up being Debian Testing.

Austin