When to open code. (Was: Re: County, Allsing, Bandersnatch)

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: When to open code. (Was: Re: County, Allsing, Bandersnatch)
Who owns the copyright of on the code? If the company owns the copyright then
the employee is simply an "extension" or part of the copyright owner.
Therefore the applicaiton binary had not transferred to another entity so the
source code does not have to be opened, in that case.

It is when the application binary is transferred (given or sold) to another
entity (person or company) that the opening of the code must occur.

This is my understanding of the GPL and IANAL. YMMV.

Alan