Analog to .wav application

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Analog to .wav application
This as been frustrating for me so far. I have an audio tape in my player
connected to the line input of my sound card. I can play the tape and hear
it on the speakers. I can crank up GNOME soundrecorder and record a few
minutes of the tape and all seems well.

Then, I record the full 45 minutes of the tape and it all goes bad. It
appearently works but then when trying to save the file, it doesn't save or
only some random number of minutes saves or the program seg faults.

What are some good recording apps out there? What do you all use to do this?

Alan

PS I just thought of something. I may be running out of disk space. I'll
check that.