Phoenix Area Wireless Freenet? (PAWF!)

Author: der.hans
Subject: Phoenix Area Wireless Freenet? (PAWF!)
Am 27. Dec, 2001 schwätzte Jiva DeVoe so:

> We should do something like this:
>
> http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~mesh/faq.html#3.5
>
> It's a metropolitan area cooperative wireless network.
>
> Anyone else out there with an 802.11b network think this is cool? :)

Several of us are already working on it :).

We're also trying to access to things tall.

This is all for the East Valley, though our goal is to get as much as the
metro area as we can, specifically all the way to Strawberry and Flagstaff
;-).

OK, that last part is mostly dreaming, but with the 26 miles reported by
O'Reilly's sys_adm over the summer, it's almost concievably possible if we
can get the right relay spots.

We really do want to cover the whole metro area, though.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/ http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
# Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important