Phoenix Area Wireless Freenet? (PAWF!)

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Phoenix Area Wireless Freenet? (PAWF!)
This is all very interesting and would be very fun. HOWEVER, check your
Service Agreement or Terms of Use from your ISP. I doubt that almost
everyone on this list would be in violation of your sevice agreement if you
started sharing your connections.

In fact, my service agreement stipulates that I can connect only one computer
to the DSL and that the computer must be a Mac or a PC running Windows 95 or
newer. I am in violation by running Linux!

Now, if some neighbors wanted to create a "LAN" between their homes but not
actually share their internet connection(s), that would be OK. But that
takes some of the "shine" off the idea in the first place.

I guess all that I am saying is that you need to know the risk you are taking
if your service does not allow sharing your connection with others.

Alan