sound in Debian

Author: der.hans
Subject: sound in Debian
Am 18. Dec, 2001 schwätzte jtannenba so:

> ok, put everyone in audio group..still, users could
> not
> use cdrom..Had to put everyone in the disk group
> also??
> This doesn't seem right. What did I miss?

You're trying to read from /dev/hdc ( or /dev/hdb or something ), which is
in the disk group. Look at user and group ownership of the devices being
used.

/dev/cdrom ( whatever it's pointing to )
/dev/audio
/dev/dsp

I don't know ( at this time of morning ) if there's anything else you talk
to for audio. You should only need read permissions for the cdrom, but write
perms for the audio devices.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/ http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
# Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans