Linux on Qwest DSL with own ISP

Author: Michael Wittman
Subject: Linux on Qwest DSL with own ISP
I just got DSL with getnet.net as my ISP (they're the one that just
bought Inficad). I've used them for dialup since Inficad ditched
their dialup accounts at the start of the year and I've been
reasonably happy with them. I have a dynamic IP, although it has yet
to change in the week and a half that I've had the DSL. They said you
can get a static IP as well, although I assume it's extra money. I'm
using a Cisco 678, which does PPP on the other end and NAT for the
local network. The Linux setup was basic LAN; you just have to tell
the router what IP address you're using.

-Mike