ARTICLE: Free For All

Author: Richard L. Proctor
Subject: ARTICLE: Free For All
On Friday 07 December 2001 11:43 pm, you wrote:
> "Charles A. Reynolds" wrote:

> 1) There software sucks. I spent more time failing at trying to get
> Office 2000 Pro installed on a WindowsNT box (hours) today than I did
> redoing and fixing my DNS files on my LAN. And I have a LOT more
> experience installing MSCrap(tm) than doing DNS.

Boy isn't that the truth. I spend more time screwing around with windows
trying to get it to pick up new hardware, than it takes me to build an entire
system sometimes.

I just upgraded my box from an AMD K6-2 500 Mhz to an Athlon 1000Mhz with new
mainboard. I finally had to reinstall windows over windows to get it to stop
crashing. Linux just simply picked it up nicely.

--
Richard L Proctor
Krystal Computer Services