Final Voting process NPO name

Author: Alan Dayley
New-Topics: Ay-Oh-Tee-Ahhhhhhh
Subject: Final Voting process NPO name
First, of the choices presented, I like Arizona Open Technology Association
the best. Open Technology encompasses all open endevors, not just
software. And "AOTA" just rolls off the tougue. Say it with me now:
"Ay-Oh-Tee-Ay" It would sound good with a news anchor talking head saying it.

Second, let me make sure I understand how this new NPO AOTA will work:
-It is an umbrella NPO for all open technology groups to use as a resource.
-If PLUG thinks it needs an NPO to do an event, it goes to AOTA to get it
done.
-If AZPHP thinks it needs an NPO to do an event, it goes to AOTA to get it
done.
-If PLUG gets some money donated to it, it belongs to PLUG which can, as an
entity, contribute some or all of it to AOTA.
-If AOTA get some money donated to it, it can use it for whatever needs it
has, including for events not directly connected with PLUG.

So the AOTA is a resource the various open technology groups in AZ can use
when an NPO is needed.

Alan

PS If I keep calling the new NPO AOTA, maybe it will stick as the defacto
standard. :^)