No Video

Author: John Bartlett
Subject: No Video
I'm restructuring my network at home, and currently have seven possible
systems to work with... my problem is I've switched around many of the
components that they all have in order to achieve my desired configuration.
In the process I have encountered the problem of not being able to get video
when booting up... Now let me just say that three of the MB's are brand new,
all of which have given me the exact same problem at some point. One of the
new ones works, the other two have the same problem, I've actually seen two
of the new ones work, and two of the not brand new ones work, but now, only
one of the seven will boot with video. I have tried everything that I can
think of, including swapping video card, memory, power supply, changing
entire cases, disconnecting drives, reseating cpu, resetting cmos (which in
the past has been the cure for this problem), and I've gotten to the point
that I cannot even stand looking at all of these machines that I have, due
to not being able to figure out the problem. Just to clarify, the exact
problem is, when I boot, I get power, the cpu fan starts the HDD's spin
(when connected) all the lights function, but I get absolutly NO video, not
even enough to change settings in the BIOS. I've used ISA, PCI, and AGP
video cards, to no avail. All of the hardware that I've tried to use, I've
personally seen working in other systems. So if anyone has any ideas what
could be causing this type of problem, I would be eternally grateful for
your help.

Thanks In Advance,

Josh