WiFi router recommendations.

+ (text/html)
Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: WiFi router recommendations.
Ok, at the risk of getting flamed, here’s a pretty much completely non-Linux-related question (well, ok, other than the fact that I have NO windows boxes in my house ☺):

I’ve got a WiFi router in the house that every once in a while burps. I had a second one (downstairs) to improve coverage, but it died.

So, now I need to buy a replacement for the downstairs router.
My network topology is basically: Cable -> cable modem -> Cisco firewall/router -> WiFi router -> the house wired network and wireless network
I’ve got 2 printers (one or both may be wireless at any point in time) as well…

I’m not sure if I’m going to plug the 2nd router in to the ‘house wired network’, or if I’m going to plug both WiFi routers in to the Cisco (and then probably move the house wired to the cisco also), or what.

So, thoughts on the best topology, and recommendations/’stay away warnings’ for WiFi routers please?

Thanks!