Video: Ed Nicholson - Project Atomic and Immutable Linux - N…

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Video: Ed Nicholson - Project Atomic and Immutable Linux - Now with the correct link
Reposting this video because the link inside the message pointed to
Joseph's C++ video instead of the intended video.  Also I didn't update
the name inside the message with wrongly attributed the video to Joseph
as well.

Just uploaded a new video of Ed Nicholson presenting Project Atomic and
Immutable Linux.

This presentation is about the changes to a system's life cycle as an
Immutable Linux such as Fedora-Atomic.

Immutability of a system has been an objective for some time, and with
good reason. The shift in deployments to containers has made this a
critical feature for the stability and manageability of the large number
of systems that support the services we have today. We will look at how
this has resulted in some very basic changes to a typical systems life
cycle and how easy it is for you to have your own container ready servers.

https://youtu.be/HlraJrn4DfE

Ed has been involved with Free Software and how people, organizations
and populations use, create and experience information. Ed enjoys The
Prescott National Forest as his "office" and The Valley of The Sun as a
home away from home. His personal systems run either Fedora, Project
Atomic, Android or OpenBSD.

Let me know if you enjoy it,
Brian Cluff