Plex Media Problems

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Plex Media Problems
I have been running a plex media server on an older Debian laptop for
years. I upgraded to the latest version (1.9.4.4325), and now it is not
working. I am not sure how to diagnose this problem. I can't reload the
older version I was using, as I don't remember which version it was.

I access plex through a Roku box connected to my LG TV using wifi. The
symptoms are that the video quits after a few minutes. and the roku plex
app dies, but not the plex server. I can play movies through the plex
server without any issue on a computer or Android table over Wifi or hard
wired. Needless to say, the roku works just fine with Amazon, Netflix, etc.

I looked in the log files and don't see any error messages. I tried
disabling the firewall on my plex server, and the symptoms are the same -
the video starts and plays for a few minutes then the roku plex app goes
away and I have to reconnect to the plex server. The plex server on the
computer does not die.

Any suggestions for debugging this problem further would be greatly
appreciated!

Mark