Re: what sort of use cases/memory_needs/etc (was RE: Warran…

Author: Steve Litt
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: what sort of use cases/memory_needs/etc (was RE: Warranty!!?!?!?!?!)
On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 20:48:23 +0000
"Carruth, Rusty" <> wrote:

> But I agree with him that 16G is getting close to the minimum
> required amount if you do much web browsing with lots of tabs (Ok, he
> didn't exactly say that, but it was implied).

Firefox is a total pig. Most other browsers tie up much less
resources, especially with a lot of open tabs, especially with
challenging javascript encumbered sites.

Also, IMHO when you start to see your browser(s) run slowly, it's time
to start closing tabs. If you have a tab that you're for sure going to
have to have later, bookmark it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr