IPv6 Questions

Author: Nathan England
To: Phoenix LUG
Subject: IPv6 Questions

I haven't seen anywhere where they discuss network adapters and their speeds.
This morning Slashdot has a story about China starting a new IPv6 network and
the speeds reaching 2.5 to 10 Gbps. I understand that IPv6 is much faster in
terms of protocol discussion between devices, but is it actually faster as
far as transfer speeds? OR are they using 10 gbps lan cards?

Would a 10/100 card tx/rc faster on a IPv6 network as opposed to an IPv4
network?

Or am I missing something...?

Can anyone give us a short description of how it works, and any speed
differences, or adapters you have to use...?

Please!

Nathan