Re: open office vs. ms word

Author: Michael Sammartano
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: open office vs. ms word
Trent Shipley wrote:

>On Thursday 2004-12-23 00:07, Michael Sammartano wrote:
>

>>>Anyone ever have any problems with this?
>>>

>>NO
>>

>I have when working with my resumes (see web site below).
>
>I convert html to O.o 1.1 Writer format. A little work to tidy things up, but
>no unexpected problem.
>
>Then I try to save to the latest available Word format. No go; it LOOSES data
>in the header and there are minor format changes (spacing between paragraphs,
>bullet shapes and so on).
>
>I fall back to creating an RTF file from the Writer format. This _sort of_
>works. Again there are minor format annoyances. More minor annoyances are
>converted when going from RTF to Word. Unfortunately, tidying up the
>resulting Word document with O.o is a touchy business. The result is NOT how
>I wanted my resume to look, but in the interest of sanity I let it be.

Interesting. I never had any issues with O.o at all when i was running
windows. I would like to say I would look into it further myself, but
fortunate for me I am no longer running windows. I have been trying to
do this for a long time, now I am not going back! ;)
Now if I could just play Nascar 2003 on Linux I would be happy, but
seeing that I am not a gamer I will survive.