Re: open office vs. ms word

Author: Trent Shipley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: open office vs. ms word
On Thursday 2004-12-23 00:07, Michael Sammartano wrote:

> > Anyone ever have any problems with this?
>
> NO

I have when working with my resumes (see web site below).

I convert html to O.o 1.1 Writer format. A little work to tidy things up, but
no unexpected problem.

Then I try to save to the latest available Word format. No go; it LOOSES data
in the header and there are minor format changes (spacing between paragraphs,
bullet shapes and so on).

I fall back to creating an RTF file from the Writer format. This _sort of_
works. Again there are minor format annoyances. More minor annoyances are
converted when going from RTF to Word. Unfortunately, tidying up the
resulting Word document with O.o is a touchy business. The result is NOT how
I wanted my resume to look, but in the interest of sanity I let it be.

--
Trent Shipley
Home:602.375.8683