no-one at developers meeting?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Nov 4 18:01:29 MST 2011

Steven,

Email Ed off list as you work through this.

You can go to Fry's Electronics and get "spares" to test with.

Swap out pieces, starting with the power supply like Ed suggested.

When you get to the Linux stage, we can help at any of the plug meetings or
via this list.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Ed <plug at 0x1b.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Steven A. DuChene
> <linux-clusters at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > It is a new desktop computer I am building out of new parts.
> > I am not actually at a booting Linux point yet.
> > The system turns on but I do not get any video output or post beeps.
> > --
> > Steven DuChene
> >

> no beeps - your system's busted - swap the power supply if you can,
> are you sure the mobo is getting power? any LED lights? Find a 'known
> good' power supply and try that. Until you get through post, and the
> beeps, don't add anything to the motherboard, especially out of the
> box new stuff - these days, you are the mfg's QA....  and watch the
> RMA dates & rules.
>
> the build order is first power supply, then memory, then onboard video
> - see the bios, then the boot drive, then the other drives & cards

(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**