no-one at developers meeting?

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Fri Nov 4 13:48:50 MST 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Steven A. DuChene
<linux-clusters at mindspring.com> wrote:
> It is a new desktop computer I am building out of new parts.
> I am not actually at a booting Linux point yet.
> The system turns on but I do not get any video output or post beeps.
> --
> Steven DuChene

no beeps - your system's busted - swap the power supply if you can,
are you sure the mobo is getting power? any LED lights? Find a 'known
good' power supply and try that. Until you get through post, and the
beeps, don't add anything to the motherboard, especially out of the
box new stuff - these days, you are the mfg's QA....  and watch the
RMA dates & rules.

the build order is first power supply, then memory, then onboard video
- see the bios, then the boot drive, then the other drives & cards