[PLUG-Devel] ANN: PLUG Devel Meeting, Thursday, May 2nd

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Apr 29 20:59:53 MST 2008

In two days.  PLEASE RSVP to the email list if you will be attending.
If there are very few RSVP replies, we may declare the meeting canceled.

What: PLUG Developer Meeting
When: Thursday, May 2nd, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Where: Adtron Corporation
Adtron Corporation
4415 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4415+E.+Cotton+Center+Blvd.+Phoenix+AZ+85040&ie=UTF8&ll=33.402803,-111.986496&spn=0.008473,0.015535&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1)

Topic: Unknown and logistics

I have no main topic lined up and no recent volunteers to present something.

As you may be aware, Adtron has been purchased by SMART Modular
Technologies (http://www.smartm.com/news/article.cfm?newsID=260). With
the merging of Adtron into SMART, network configuration and policies
have changed.  Presently the new network structure EXCLUDES any Internet
access to anonymous visitors.  That may be significant to our desire to
hold the meeting at Adtron.  I am still in discussions about this but as
it stands, the no access policy remains in effect.

Perhaps there also needs to be some discussion about the continuation of
the meeting, where-ever the location.  This email list is very quiet and
spontaneous offers to present have tapered off completely.  I have also
become very busy in my own life and so have neglected meeting logistics
more than usual.  If I'm not driving the meeting, it seems to be dying.
  If the group does not want to have it, maybe we should stop.  I'm
certainly open to that possibility or to reconstituting and reviving things.

I invite you all to discuss these issues here or at the meeting on
Thursday.  Please make your voice heard!

Beyond such logistical discussions, it's "open mic night" at this point.
  Could be good, if we make it good.

NO Internet access is available.

We have a candy machine and soda machines that will take your money for
refreshment.  You are welcome to bring your own food.  No alcohol please.