[PLUG-Devel] The secret of PHP on BusyBox http server?

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Apr 22 22:59:40 MST 2008

Working with an ARM processor, I have a pre-existing PHP application
that I want to run.  The root file system of the ARM board came from the
manufacturer without Apache.  It uses the http server built into BusyBox.

I'm choosing to ignore the option of finding or cross compiling Apache
for the ARM board, for the purpose of this thread.  (Start a new thread
about that, if you have wisdom there!)

The seemingly most definitive answer about doing this is found in the
post http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2004-November/013110.html.  It
tells of running PHP not from cgi really but calling them as command
line scripts.  There are a few other references around that I will have
to study more.

So my question is direct but potentially large: Does anyone here have
wisdom and experience to share on getting a simple PHP 4 web application
running on the BusyBox server?

I'll go back to learning and searching as I wait for any enlightenment
from anyone on the list...