[PLUG-Devel] ruby on rails

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 16:30:06 MST 2007

What sort of resources are we talking about to make Ruby/Rails happy? Just a lot of memory? I'm curious how well it would do with a high load and a huge db; since that's the sort of apps I tend to work on. Would you choose Rails for a web app like MySpace or USAirways.com, where there's a lot of intensive operations going on and/or accessing a massive amount of data?

It would be nice to catch the Ruby meeting in Mesa; tech meetings and conferences always seem to conflict with my schedule for some reason.

-josh