[PLUG-Devel] ruby on rails

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 19 20:04:15 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 15:30 -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:
> What sort of resources are we talking about to make Ruby/Rails happy? Just a lot of memory? I'm curious how well it would do with a high load and a huge db; since that's the sort of apps I tend to work on. Would you choose Rails for a web app like MySpace or USAirways.com, where there's a lot of intensive operations going on and/or accessing a massive amount of data?
>
> It would be nice to catch the Ruby meeting in Mesa; tech meetings and conferences always seem to conflict with my schedule for some reason.
----
There are some Rails systems with massive amounts of data - the issue is
going to be the datastore itself, not the middleware. Rails web site
lists a number of web hosts using Rails

I am ready to demonstrate what I have accomplished so far (still in the
midst of development and will be for quite some time).

Perhaps if there is interest, I could demonstrate it at Plug-Devel
meeting

Craig