PHP, MySQL gig

der.hans PLUG at LuftHans.com
Tue Aug 16 17:28:16 MST 2005

moin, moin,

we're hiring someone for PHP and MySQL development and survey babysitting.

This is NOT a SPAM gig.

###
Emails and Surveys Primary Job Tasks

A. Complex Email Development:
    1. Create an email template (either static or dynamic).  Email
template
is in either plain text of HTML format.
    2. Create additional email script (in PHP) if email is dynamic.
    3. QA email.
B. Email Execution:
    1. Collect recipient list for a particular email weeks before the
actual
email date.
    3. Filter the recipient list in the database (MySQL) to avoid
duplicate
email from previous email blasts.
    4. Make adjustments to email body or script (in PHP) when necessary
    5. Research on email problems, particularly in the number of
recipients.
    6. Execute email script to send the real email to recipients.
C. Survey Development and Deployment:
    1. Develop survey in XML.
    2. Make adjustments to survey engine (in PHP) when necessary.
    3. Execute test scripts on survey for QA and coordinate with
stakeholders for survey acceptance.
    4. Deploy survey by making adjustments to the database (MySQL) and
Pull
down survey when survey period expires.
D. Documentation of process and issues
###

The person who was doing this had to work with the customers to make sure
the email was correct and the group of addresses was correct. I am not
sure
if he or someone else was responsible for removing people who've changed
their minds about getting the emails, but someone does take care of that (
I'm told ).

There's lots of room for improvement in the current setup. I hope whoever
gets this also gets to work on developing some other internal
applications,
but I don't know if that's the plan.

Please send resumes to Mark Svorinic <msvorini at ciscolearning.org>.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans