Online banking is restricting Linux Users!

Chris Gehlker plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Dec 16 19:36:02 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 9:07 PM, Craig White wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:38 -0700, Rob Wehrli wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Jared wrote:
>
>> I use Opera as my primary browser.  I sent WF a message and they told
>> me
>> that they would not support Opera or any Linux platform.  Do you feel
>> that
>> it is OK for a bank to dictate browser software and operating
>> platforms to
>> its customers?
> ----
> Just because they don't 'support' your OS/browser doesn't mean that
> they
> are not going to work or that they will actively take any steps to make
> them not work. It's really no different than using Cox - which will not
> support Linux but you can use it. Just don't expect them to field your
> call for support and tell you how to configure it.

This seems like a worth while discussion, but perhaps more appropriate
for the discussion list that the developer list.
--
We can put television in its proper light by supposing that Gutenberg's
great invention had been directed at printing only comic books.