TOPIC: PHP for command line scripts

David A. Sinck plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Dec 4 19:03:02 2002

\_ SMTP quoth der.hans on 12/2/2002 22:34 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ Am 02. Dec, 2002 schw,bd(Btzte David A. Sinck so:
\_
\_ > FWIW, I'd be willing to bet that if you typed in an extra arg to perl
\_ > invocation you could get that feature too.
\_ >
\_ > perl -MInline::Something arbitrary.txt
\_
\_ http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/Inline/Inline-0.44.readme
\_
\_ Wow! That's ugly!

Now did I claim it was going to be pretty?

no /pretty/ fails.  :-)

I was thinking more along the lines of embperl, but there may be
others. (http://www.ecos.de/embperl/)

\_ I did find an inline perl wrapper. The syntax sucked and you had to write
\_ pseudo-perl.

That's not a downer for *all* of us.  :-)

David