TOPIC: PHP for command line scripts

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Dec 2 22:44:02 2002

Am 02. Dec, 2002 schw=E4tzte David A. Sinck so:

> FWIW, I'd be willing to bet that if you typed in an extra arg to perl
> invocation you could get that feature too.
>
> perl -MInline::Something arbitrary.txt

http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/Inline/Inline-0.44.readme

Wow! That's ugly!

It's also opposite of what I want.

$ cat resolv.conf
<?php require "/etc/myconfigs/host.conf" ?>
domain <?php print "$domain" ?>
nameserver <?php print "$ns1" ?>
nameserver <?php print "$ns2" ?>
$

The key is to get the file to continue looking at least partially like it
normally does.

I did find an inline perl wrapper. The syntax sucked and you had to write
pseudo-perl.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but central to the
#  decision ws the realization that there are two kinds of companies:
#  Good ones ask you to think for them.
#  The others tell you to think like them." -- Benjy Feen