Re: Interesting trivia

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Re: Interesting trivia
Parsons was a Vietnam Vet. He became an accountant and failed several
times in selling his software. I read someplace that Parsons was able
to not pay taxes on GoDaddy for many years because he understood how
thing worked.

It is also my understanding he sold a managing share in Godaddy and
retained several billion in ownership.

I hear he has heavily invested in Phoenix real estate.

My personal experience is that Parsons built a very harsh business. I
worked there for a year and it was a toxic work environment. Everyone I
knew got fired. I made an exit after only a year. Turnover what
amazing.

I learned a lot and it helped me start a freelance PHP business. I
fielded maybe 5000 inbound teach and sales calls (level 1) in that year.
Learning how to talk with people about hosting and website issues while
selling to them, turned out to be a valuable skill for me.