Ignore him, correct him offlist, or killfile him and move on

Author: Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Steve Litt
Subject: Ignore him, correct him offlist, or killfile him and move on
There's been a long thread of people mocking somebody who asked a
stupid question. Yeah, the guy's annoying; annoying enough that I piped
all his posts to /dev/null starting two or three years ago. This thread
worsens the list's signal to noise, and personally, it constantly
reminds me of the annoying person I killfiled years ago.

I have a suggestion. If the guy annoys you, either ignore him, correct
him offlist, or killfile him and move on. There's no need to mess up
the list with mockery. Whether you believe, as I do, that he's an
attention seeking troll who thinks his stupidity is cute, or whether
you believe his behavior is entirely caused by some sort of brain
injury, either way, the on-list mockery does no good for anybody.

Ignore him, correct him offlist, or killfile him and move on.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21