Re: Ignore him, correct him offlist, or killfile him and mov…

Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: Ignore him, correct him offlist, or killfile him and move on
Guys,

I am totally blind, and that’s partly due to traumatic brain injury back in 1989. I’ve also had my moments where I am exceedingly curse when it comes to some subjects. I also tend to be a little bit obsessive, compulsive, and that happens to be the autistic side of my nature which I’ve had all my life. I am a bit unusual, but science and technology are my thing so I tend not to ask too many questions because I’ve already done most of the research. However, sometimes research isn’t enough and I may end up having gas questions here. So, one should look past some of the commentary on here and recognize and realize those of us were traumatic brain. Injuries may not necessarily operate in a normal fashion. I happen to be one of the few exceptions because the area of the brain and question for me that was damaged with my visual cortex. Also, as an aside, I also have prosthetic eyes, so it doesn’t matter what my visual cortex does because I wouldn’t be able to perceive anything anyway. In any case, this really hasn’t slowed me down much in both the accessibility and Lennox fields. I’ve been writing a bunch of scripts, especially for . Comes in handy when I want to download a video from YouTube and then listen to it using VLC. Makes a lot easier than having to deal with the stupid app and their commercials.

Anyway, that’s my opinion on this subject and now we should probably get back to Lennox and what it can be used for and how accessible it really is.

– Eric
From the central offices of the Technomage Guild, Opinions and research department.
Sent from my iPhone