Re: AZ Developer Wages, per Feds

Author: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: techlists
Subject: Re: AZ Developer Wages, per Feds
If you do not like where you work then make a change. The work
environment is changing. During my work life the only people working
remote were freelancers/contractors. Today we have digital nomads down
to just regular remote. And do not forget there are lots of temporary
gigs as well as lots of part-time projects/gigs. They call this the gig
economy.

I read some place that some remote workers in New York moved to places
with a lower cost of living. Now some are in a pickle because they need
to move back to the cube.

I hate the cube. Too much BS and politics. I think for the most part
the cube needs to be abolished. We have far more technology today than
is needed to work remote.

From 2008 - 2019 I was lucky enough to work remote as part of a team
that was scattered. This was a virtual company. The owners lived in LA
and worked out of their condo. They used the emerging technology of the
day. No one went to an office.

If I was having a bad day I would turn my computer off and take a break.
I was a freelancer and set my own schedule. It was a hybrid
arrangement in part like an employee and mostly like an independent
contractor.

This was good because I hate the cube.

Two of the companies I do business with seem to have all their staff
remote. Chewy's customer support and Cox Cable tech support and
possibly other positions as well.