Re: WordPress moving away from PHP to JavaScript

Author: Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Eric Oyen
Subject: Re: WordPress moving away from PHP to JavaScript
Yeah, Java scripts a bit of a PITA, especially when it comes to accessibility technology. Also, depending on the machine, it can use up resources, fast, cause memory leaks, and a lot of other issues. Also, unless WordPress decides to add additional code for accessibility (which there are class objects to do just that), it isn’t gonna be very accessible for those of us with visual impairments. I already encounters a great mini sites that use JavaScript (including news organizations), and my browser always end up, blocking up, or even killing itself most of the time. As I said, JavaScript is a PTA, and it’s also a security risk.
– Eric.

Sent from my iPhone